File informationSize: 1.3KB
Format: Rich Text Document
Hymn text provided by HymnQuest, the comprehensive source of hymns and worship songs in the UK & Eire. Visit www.hymnquest.com
1 All this night shrill chanticleer,
Day's proclaiming trumpeter,
Claps his wings and loudly cries,
Mortals, mortals, wake and rise!
See a wonder
Heav'n is under;
From the earth is risen a Sun
Shines all night, though day be done.
2 Wake, O earth, wake ev'rything!
Wake and hear the joy I bring;
Wake and joy; for all this night
Heav'n and ev'ry twinkling light,
Still stand gazing.
Angels, powers, and all that be,
Wake, and joy this Sun to see.
William Austin (1587 – 1634)
7 7 7 7 4 4 7 7 Irregular
If you are buying outside of the UK, click here for more information.
- Rise and shine, and give God his glory, glory
- How excellent in all the earth (Selected verses)
- O ye who taste that love is sweet
- Arise and hail the sacred day
- Spring bursts today, for Christ is risen
- At the cross, at the cross, where I first saw the light
- Behold the sun, that seemed but now
- O dear and heavenly city
- Hark!... the herald-angels sing
- Now the day is over